(Entry Deadline : March 15th 2009)
http://www.caid.gr/isffa , http://www.caid.gr/en/index_contact.html
Convey science in a way that it becomes accessible and attractive to the main public, with an artistic format – familiarizing the audience with science.
Promote the interest for television and film themes, treated in a scientific approach.
Disseminate scientific knowledge.
Create a catalogue of films and multimedia specialized in divulgation of scientific themes.
Inspire new scientific film-makers
The winners will be granted with:
· Best Film Prize
· Innovation & Technology Prize
· Art Prize
· Audience Prize
· Science Communication Prize
Producers are highly encouraged to attend the Awards Ceremony. Prizes are delivered to the producer or his representative
· Documentaries, TV Series or Multimedia based on scientific subjects for main public, produced during or after the period of 2007.
· The film must not have been released in Greece before the festival.
· The format must be DVD or Betacam SP, in English or Original version.
· The version of the film should meet all appropriate conditions for screening (no time code, no gaps in-between).
· The Entry Form must include 2 copies of the film
· The Entry Form must include, at least, 1 photo (cd) in 300 dpi.
· You must send us an English script (word doc in cd)
· You must send us a short description of the film (word doc in cd - synopsis – 10 lines).
· The Entry Form should include press materials and posters.
· Permission for the Festival to use for promotional purposes (of the film and the festival) an excerpt from the film not exceeding 2 minutes, as well as photos/material of the film by all ways of analogue or digital transmission (including the festival’s site) is considered granted upon entry.
· Permission for the Festival to communicate the film to the public for non-commercial purposes (e.g. at schools, universities) is also considered granted upon entry.
· The Entry Form must be duly completed and properly signed. Candidates who forget the signature will be automatically excluded.
· The Entry Deadline is March 15th 2009.
· CAID Science & Society Centre