17.1.09

The art of teaching actors in Italy (Merano)

EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR THEATRE CULTURE

AKT-ZENT INTERNATIONAL THEATRE CENTRE
RESEARCH CENTRE OF THE THEATRE TRAINING AND EDUCATION COMMITTEE
OF THE INTERNATIONAL THEATRE INSTITUTE/UNESCO

Dear friends and colleagues,

We like to announce a seminar for acting teachers organised by our partners in Merano.
Prof. Dr. Jurij Alschitz
Merano (Italy) 6 - 14 March 2009

THE ART OF TEACHING ACTORS
“There exists an expression: "when you will give something to somebody, you will get it" or - "if you like to have something - give it to someone". The same rule applies in theatre - you will get all knowledge about acting, in the moment when you give all your knowledge to your student.
This seminar I call theatre training from "A" to "Z". I know this proposition sounds impossible to do in such a short time, but I want to give you as much as possible from my knowledge, which I gained and accumulated during 20 years of teaching experience.
In the beginning of my career I did not plan to work as an acting teacher. I started from acting, later I studied directing, and then I moved my attention more and more to teaching. I like how my way turned out. I like teaching theatre very much. In this moment I am working on my new book for theatre teachers. I believe, that only better theatre schools can make theatre itself better. But we will only have good schools, if we have good teachers.

For these 9 days of work I plan to touch a lot of questions by speaking about the most crucial themes in education, and we will do a lot of practical exercises. We will discuss and ask: How to select the right students for a theatre school? How to open the talent of your student? How to organise the plan of the lessons, of the semester, and how to develop a whole study-plan for a group or the individual student? How to organise an ensemble, and finally how to take care about ourselves - the theatre teachers? We should have a special training for teachers as well!
Probably you are working today as an actor or actress, or as director but knowledge about teaching will always help you in your future. Who knows what will happen ..... “

Prof. Dr. Jurij Alschitz

9 days seminar for actors, directors and teachers
5 hours a day practical work, training and lessons of methods.
Please contact directly the organiser:
Nazario Zambaldi
TEL: 0039 - 335 8388554

AKT-ZENT International Theatre Centre
Research Centre of ITI-UNESCO Theatre Training Committee
Skalitzer Str. 97, D- 10997 Berlin
T/F +49 (0)30 - 612 87 274
e-mail: akt.zent@berlin.de
www.theatreculture.org

No comments: