24.3.09

Daniel Lee at OK Harris gallery, New York

"Transfiguration" 96x126 cm, Archival Inkjet Print

''I enjoy dreaming because I have a freedom not found in waking moments to become what I want to be and to do what I want to do.
This project was inspired by a young Taiwanese curator Sansan Huang, who shared with me her ideas and 10 short stories about dreams that were written by the Japanese author Natsume Souseki in 1908.

My project Dreams, includes ten 37.5 x 49.5 inches individual pieces, which combine to capture a moment outside of my waking life.
The production of this series gave me a chance to be uninhibited and unstructured in a manner that I never really had with other projects, which at times seemed similar to the freedom found in the state of sleep''.
~ Daniel Lee 2008

OK Harris gallery,
383 West Broadway,
New York, NY 10012

The informal opening is all day from 10am to 6pm
on March 21 and the exhibiting artist is present from 3pm-5pm.
For more information: http://daniellee.com/Dreams_1.htm

No comments: